Power Up Pancakes
Another transfer from my old blog, but these pancakes are incredible so they must be shared. Best part? They’re good for you. Excellent post or pre-workout fuel and they’re very easy and quick to make
50g oats (Stoats Original work perfectly)
100g cottage cheese
Your favorite pancake toppings
1) Blend all the ingredients together (easiest to do with a food processor).
2) Split the batter into two equal portions and spread into a pan.
3) Cook until golden brown on each side.
4) Top with your favorite toppings!
I topped mine with fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, banana, a little golden syrup and some raspberry fat free yoghurt. It was amazing. The photo below shows an example of what you can do with the pancakes in terms of toppings. This particular photo was taken on Friday when my two sisters made them.
Some suggestions for healthy* toppings;
- Banana and greek yoghurt
- Berries (fresh or frozen, you could even whip up a quick fruit compote)
- Peanut butter (just watch the quantities)
- Fat free yoghurt (keep an eye out on the sugar content)
- Golden syrup (again all about moderation)
- Tinned fruit (aim to buy tinned fruit in it’s own juice not syrup)