Foodie Challenge #6
Another Foodie Challenge post! This time it’s a side dish I prepared last night to go along with some grilled chicken breast and sweet potato. I had plenty leftover and enjoyed the rest for lunch today. This recipe is based off of what I fancied at the time!
Ingredients (for one);
- 1/2 apple, cubed.
- 1 beetroot, cubed.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (you can have more, but I’m not a huge fan of red onion).
- 1/2 orange, peeled and roughly chopped.
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded.
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 garlic glove.
- In bowl/jar/bottle mix the salt, pepper, garlic (which has been squashed but not chopped), olive oil and balsmic together. Set to one side.
- Mix all the other ingredients into a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing (as much or as little as you want).
- Done. Easier than mixing up a protein shake.
I’ve included this one in my foodie challenge series because it’s a recipe I’d never tried before using an ingredient I’d never used before; red cabbage. It’s super simple, cheap and healthy! It’s also really colourful!