Build your own playlist
I was in the gym today and listening to my iPod whilst running and it inspired me to do this post! I’ve compiled a list of the 10 best songs for warm-up, high-intensity, low-intensity and cool-down! These are my personal favourites and always help me power through a tough workout.
Ideally your warm-up playlist should have good, upbeat songs to get you ready to rumble!
- One Republic- Something I Need
- T Pain feat. Teddy Verseti- Church
- One Republic- If I Lose Myself
- Jessie J- Do It Like A Dude
- The Temper Trap- Fader
- Avicii- Levels
- 3OH!3 feat. Katy Perry- Starstrukk
- Labrinth- Treatment
- Cupid- 369
- Zedd- Clarity
This workout is likely to be tough, so you need good, strong rhythm to kee pyou powering through!
- The All-American Rejects- Dirty Little Secret
- Arm Van Buuren feat. Lauren Evans- Alone
- The Saturdays- Not Giving Up
- Enrique Inglesias feat. Pitbull- I’m A Freak
- Tiesto feat. Matthew Koma- Wasted
- Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj- Bang Bang
- Pitbul feat. Ne-Yo- Time Of Our Lives
- Axwell & Ingrosso- Something New
- Porter Robinson- Language
- Robbie Williams- Let Me Entertain You
Still hard but you don’t need to heavy beats this time round, think weight lifting type music.
- Flo-Rida- GDFR
- Hardwell feat. Jason Derulo- Follow Me
- Fall Out Boy- Centuries
- Fall Out Boy- Immortals
- Alesso feat. Tove Lo- Heroes (We Could Be)
- The White Panda- Midnight Life
- Sigma feat. Paloma Faith- Changing
- Paramore- Ain’t It Fun
- Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora- Black Widow
- Iggy Azalea- Bounce
- Kelly Clarkson- Invincible
- Alesso feat. Matthew Koma- Years
- Jason Derulo- Undefeated (yeah you are!)
- Kelly Clarkson- Stronger
- Otto Knows- Million Voices
- Hardwell feat. Mr. Probz- Birds Fly
- Years & Years- King
- Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko- Towards The Sun
- David Guetta feat. Emeli Sande- What I Did For Love
- The Script- No Good In Goodbye
There we go! 10 songs, 4 work out types or sections! You could compile all 40 into one big playlist or split them up, add your own and what not! You could also pile them all into one playlist, jump on a treadmill, spin bike or head outside and match your pace to the song! Lots of HIIT there!
Have you got any must have songs?