Fuel your day!
I’m going to try and get more regular posts out now! I’ll be a bit more room bound now that exams are racing round so will have a bit of time to sit down and write! Today, I’d like to post about breakfast. My favourite meal ever and I love trying out new things to give me a great, healthy kick start to the day! I thought I’d share a couple of my favourite recipes! Unfortunately, there are no photos, except ones of breakfasts I’ve already posted! Unless otherwise stated, all recipes are for 1 person.
1) My Rock n Roll 10k breakfast; I made this just this weekend to prepare me for my first 10km race. I ate it about 1 hour 30 minutes before I started and it kept me powering through! It needs to be left in the fridge overnight.
- 1 portion of natural/greek yoghurt (your preference here)
- 1 protein scoop of oats (this is about 25g worth of oats)
- 6 frozen strawberries
- Optional; 1 teaspoon cinammon/agave syrup/golden syrup
- In a resealable tub, mix the oats with the cinammon (if using).
- Chop 3 of the frozen strawberries into chunks and pile on top of the oats.
- Add the yoghurt.
- Cut the remianing strawberries and place them on top of the yoghurt.
- Drizzle the agave syrup/golden syrup on top (if using) or sprinkle more cinammon (if using).
- Leave this covered in the fridge overnight.
2) Power Up Pancakes; follow the link for the recipe!
3) Avocado & Egg Toast; oats aren’t everybodies cup of tea, so here’s a more savoury option for those dreary mornings!
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 medium eggs
- To season; ground black pepper, smoked paprika, salt, tabasco, you’re condiment of choice
- Slice the avocado into strips.
- Scramble the eggs (try use olive oil rather than butter here).
If you want, feel free to boil/poach/omlette your eggs!
- Toast the bread whilst the eggs are cooking.
- Put the avocado on top of the toast first.
- Add the eggs on top.
4) Super fruit bowl; for a fresher, lighter start to the day!
- 1 small banana
- 1 small apple
- Handful of berries (you choose)
- 1 portion of natural/greek yoghurt
- Optional; cinammon, golden syrup, agave syrup, cocoa powder
- Chop all the fruit and pile into a bowl.
- Mix the yoghurt and any optional toppings you fancy.
These are 4 super easy and healthy recipes you can whip up for breakfast to keep the day starting right! I always find if I start the day on a good, healthy note, then maintaining my healthy eating throughout the day is so much easier. I also feel more energetic and have more energy right through to snack time.
Have a great week guys! Anyone else counting down the days until summer!?