Last night was pancake night! A friend and I had decided to make some pancakes to give ourselves a break from studying. However, we used a recipe neither of us had tried before. I was slightly sceptical, there is literally 2 ingredients in these pancakes but they were actually really, really good.
Ingredients; (for one person, about 3-5 pancakes)
1 large, ripe banana
Cinnamon (optional, we actually forgot)
- Mash the eggs, bananas and cinnamon (if using) all together to form a smooth batter.
You could use a blender here if you have one.
- Heat a little oil in a pan (on a medium heat).
- Fry the pancakes until browned on each side, about 2 tablespoons per pancake works well.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!
We had jam or honey or a bit of dark chocolate on ours, but try with yoghurt, fruit, dark chocolate drops, maple syrup, whatever you love on pancakes! They are sweet because of the banana, so watch out for that!
A couple of cooking notes;
- The ‘batter’ will be quite thin if you leave your bananas slightly chunkier (like we did), it still works really well, plus you get delicious hits of warm banana through the pancake.
- They are paler than normal pancakes, to ensure the egg is cooked leave about 2-3 on each side.
- If you’ve left banana chunks in there; you will find wetter parts through the pancake as you are eating it, the pancake is cooked (if you’ve left it long enough) it’s just the banana making it a bit more moist.
- Next time I think I’ll add some raisins or dark chocolate drops to add to these a bit.
- If you’re looking to bulk them up a bit add some peanut butter in there or any nut butter (or you could use these as toppings).
- Chocolate craving? Cocao powder in there.
- These average out at about 25 calories per pancake (untopped), that’s about a 20 calorie saving per pancake compared to generic pancakes!
These were such a great mix up to my usual boring dinners! Love them! There are some photos below (on my iPhone, apologies about the quality) of them cooking and one finished pancake!
It’s a Monday! Did you get your Monday off to a great start with a workout!? I did not, the gym is closed so I went yesterday instead! But if you can go on a Monday I recommend it! It sets you up for the week!
Here’s to a great week.