Another Foodie Challenge post today. This was last nights dinner and was based on Runner’s World Complete Guide to Nutrition recipe for Prawns and White beans. I edited the recipe slightly to add more vegetables to it.
Ingredients (for one);
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 100g white beans
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Crushed black pepper
- 10 prawns, cooked (you can add more or less also mine just needed their shells removed)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup brocoli, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic.
- Place a lid on the pan and soften the onions.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika (both kinds), chili, black pepper and peppers, stir everything together.
- Place a lid on the pan and allow the mix to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and the beans and stir together well.
- Add the prawns and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes to make sure the prawns are hot.
(Taste the sauce and add any additional seasoning if desired)
- Sprinkle the brocoli over the top, remove from heat and allow the dish to sit for 1 minute.
(Here you can boil the brocoli if you prefer it soft, but I enjoy brocoli raw and crunchy)
That’s it! Nice and healthy and very easy. It’s also relatively cheap (the prawns may not be) but you can replace the prawns with chicken! Just add the chicken with the onions in step 1 and ensure it’s cooked through before serving!
I love prawns and the extra kick from the chili gave a nice heat to it!