I’m one of those people who needs snacks handy for work, university, being out and about because I hate buying things out (I’m always tempted by unhealthy choices) and I always find them to be sort of dissappointing. So I thought I’d list some of my favourite on the go that you can prepare at home and grab and go! This particular post is for those snack that require no cooking! Once I start exprimenting when I’m home (and have access to an oven) I’ll do some snacks that you can cook.
- Hummus and vegetable sticks (celery, carrots, cucumber, courgette etc).
- DIY Trail mix (mix bran flakes, raisins, nuts. other dried fruit for a great, protein packed snack).
- Ham slices wrapped around cucumber or carrots sticks (can bring some hummus long too).
- One yoghurt pot mixed with 2 tablespoon of oats (best allow the oats to soak in the yoghurt for an hour or more).
- One yoghurt pot with grapes, banana, apples etc.
- Handful of pretzels (watch the salt content of the pretzels you buy).
These are a few of my personal favourite snacks. I really love makng a big tuperware full of trail mix and putting some in a little tub! Also, Soreen is something I wish I could eat all day!