So, last night as I lay in bed wide awake at 2:30am, fully aware of my 8am alarm I got an idea for a new experiment. I am going to try, for the next week, 7 different methods to fall asleep quicker that I have found on the internet. I will report back everyday with whichever one I have tried the previous evening and let you know how it went. Why am I doing this? Because I struggle to sleep more often than I’d like and sleep is key to a healthy lifestyle. I also imagine I’m not the only one who struggles to get to sleep!
Here are my 7 sleep remedies;
- A 10-minute yoga routine from Greatist.
- Inhale through my left nostril (this seems absurd) from the author of Sleep Better With Natural Therapies.
- Avoid any screens (laptops, phones, tablets, TV) 30-minutes before bed.
- Loosen my muscles, group by group from WikiHow.
- Follow a specific breathing routine, again from WikiHow.
- Count sheep.
- Listen to music.
I will go through each of these, starting with number 1 tonight (February 27th) and shall update you tomorrow on how it went! I’ll tag each relevant post with SleepExperiment to keep track in my archives.
Image Source; https://media.giphy.com/media/Eccdry010Mj1m/giphy.gif