Trying lots of recipes recently! Classes are about to start so it will likely become less frequent but I will try maintain my one new recipe a month! Last nights dinner was a delicious Sweet Potato and White Bean stew, I got the inspiration to this from this recipe but made many edits. What’s great about this is it uses any leftovers from last Foodie Challenge #3!
Ingredients (for one);
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into chunks.
- 1 carrot, chopped.
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped.
- 1 cup spinach.
- 1/2 cup aubergine, cubed.
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced.
- 1/2 cup brocoli.
- 100g white beans.
- 200g tinned tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes.
- 100ml red wine.
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Crushed black pepper.
- Olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and soften the garlic and onions (use a lid to do this).
- Add the cumin, black pepper and chili flakes and stir to coat over the onions.
- Add all the vegetables, sweet potato and tinned tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the beans and the red wine and stir it well.
- Cover with a lid and cook gently on a simmer for 40-50 minutes until the vegetables are tender, the sweet potato is soft and the stew has thickened.
- Taste and season further as required.
This takes longer to cook than my other recipes but it’s delicious, filling and healthy!
Not going to lie, I’m really enjoying this challenge!