The end of the year is (scarily) fast approaching. Christmas is literally just around the corner which means New Year’s is peaking round too. If you’re like me, the gym is getting a bit tiresome. I have a (potential) solution! Music. I find it’s a great way to motivate myself and it can help change up a workout!
How can it help change up a workout? For example, instead of doing your usual bike session of solid cycling for 45 minutes you could cycle in time to the music. Try to keep the rhthym with your pedals to match the beats in the song! If you’re runnng outside this is also a great way to mix it up. Both these methods incorporate HIIT too!
Below is a list of songs I love to have come on when I’m in the gym. My actual “gym playlist” is 433 songs long, so they’re not all listed!
- Anywhere For You- John Martin
- Battle of One- Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Brick by Boring Brick- Paramore
- The Calling- Alesso & Sebastian Ingrosso
- A Call to Arms- Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Dare You- Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma
- The Fighter Remix- Gym Class Heroes remixed by Dj Reidiculous
- Gentleman Remix- The Saturdays remixed by Alias
- Ignorance- Paramore
- Just One Last Time- David Guetta feat. Taped Rai
- Kings and Queens- Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Little Bad Girl- David Guetta feat. Taio Cruz & Ludacris
- The Other Side Remix- Jason Derulo remixed by Jump Smokers
- Our Time Now- Plain White T’s
- Pump It- Black Eyed Peas
- Reload- Sebastian Ingrosso
- Under Control- Alesso & Calvin Harris
- Wasted- Tiesto feat. Matthew Koma
- When You’re Looking Like That- Westlife
- #Selfie Remix- The Chainsmokers remixed by Botnek
This is just 20 songs, but they have excellent rhthym and a variety of different beats. So add to this with some of your favourites and get back on that treadmille/elliptical/spin bike/pavement and keep going! A one hour workout is a teeny, tiny fraction of your day but you’ll feel great after it and be improving yourself day-on-day!
Anyone got any must haves on their playlist?